Payments Option at Sydney Smiles Dental
Our Payment Options
Credit Cards and HICAPS Facilities
At Sydney Smiles Dental, we accept VISA and MASTER cards. EFTPOS facility and HICAPS are also available to you for faster claims through your private health funds.
At Sydney Smiles Dental, there is no surcharge for using your AMEX. Free points with every Amex purchase! We are also part of Shop Small by AMEX where you will be rewarded for paying with AMEX at our dental surgery.
Child Dental Benefits Scheme
- Aged 2-17 years
- Eligible for Medicare
- Whose family, carer or guardian received Family Tax Benefit Part A, or who receive the following government payments:
- ABSTUDY, Carer Payment, Disability Support Pension, Parenting Payment, Special Benefit, Youth Allowance, Double Orphan Pension or
- 16 years of age or older and receiving financial assistance under the Veterans’ Children Education Scheme or the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme.
The voucher will be sent to the teenager, family, carer or guardian receiving the government payment.
Benefits for basic dental services are capped at $1,000 per child over 2 consecutive calendar years.
If you do not use all of your $1,000 benefit in the first year of eligibility, you can use it in the second year if you are still eligible. Any remaining balance will not be carried forward at the end of the second year.
Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work and cannot be paid for any services provided in a hospital.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule services will not count towards the Medicare Safety Net or the Extended Medicare Safety Net thresholds.
Benefits will cover a range of services including:
- A scale and clean
- Root canal therapy
- Oral hygiene instruction
- Dietary advice
- Sealing of pits or cracks in a tooth (fissure sealing).
Step 1: Make sure you are registered for CDBS
You can check your child’s eligibility and CDBS balance through your Medicare online account at my.gov.au or by calling Medicare on 132 011.
Step 2: Make an appointment with a dentist
Step 3: Go to the appointment with your Medicare card and claim for your preventative dental check
After your preventative dental check, the dentist will bill you in one of these two ways.
- Bulk bill the service by asking you to sign an assignment of benefit from with no cost to you.
- Ask you to pay for your appointment in full, up front – you then claim your benefit from Medicare Australia, just like other Medicare benefits.
- Will there be any additional costs?
Note: if the dentist charges more than the government rebate, you will need to pay the difference.
- Visit your local Medicare office
- Call 132 011*
- TTY 1800 552 152**
- TIS 131 450* (Translating and Interpreting Service)
If you need help translating this information call the TIS on 131 450*
Benefit for the two calendar years after receiving the voucher.
*Call charges apply.
**Call charges apply from mobile and pay phones only.
Please call one of our friendly staff on (02) 9410 2001 if you would like to make an appointment for this service.
At Sydney Smiles Dental we understand that dentistry can be expensive, so Dr Marcel Lee made their services and expertise available to members of the Smile.com.au group to save you money. All you have to do to start saving money is to go to www.smile.com.au and see for yourself or call us on (02) 9410 2001.
At Sydney Smiles Dental, we understand that dentistry can be expensive, so we’ve partnered up with an interest-free buy-now-pay-later platform – Zip Pay. . All you have is to register with Zip pay on https://zip.co/ and start paying your treatment plans in instalments. Treat now, pay later!